Monday, August 28, 2006

Writing Two (Lit 9-10)



Your next writing task is to complete a piece of descriptive writing, which is writing that appeals to the five senses. It should not be too hard to choose a topic, since you can describe most of anything. I would suggest that you try to get as many different pieces of sensory information into your draft: sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound, for example.

It should also be easy for you to organize this essay. Perhaps you will have a paragraph about each of the senses, or maybe a paragraph about each different aspect of whatever you choose to describe.


Some descriptive writing is about an event, and the author makes sure everything is described well so readers can feel like they are there with them. I'm sure some of you enjoy this about your favorite authors.

Try your best to be creative and make the reader feel like he or she is there with you seeing, hearing, and feeling what you are writing about.

Good Examples of Descriptive Writing:

"H's Hickory Chips"

!


'64 Caprice by Josh Duke

A Walk in the Woods by LaDreika Kelly

The Beach by Myles Shepley


Christmas by Kaneelvis Smith

Independence Day by Ravente Nowell


You will receive a 100 for having a draft that is two double-spaced pages of 12-point Times New Roman. Instead of posting your rough drafts, you should put them in my drop box, and I will print them for you. Failure to have a rough draft on the 7th will result in you getting a late grade for the draft as well as the editing exercise we will complete on that day. Having a rough draft on time will ensure that you receive highest grade you deserve for your work.

9 comments:

Natasha said...

Mr.Siegmund I have finished writing two.

Captain Jamal said...

I'm done with this.

junior said...

im done with wtriting two.

Deylah said...

I put this in your dropbox! :)

alex said...

I have completed writing 2...

BO24 said...

I put my final draft in your drop box

Deylah said...

I'm done with this assignment. And did you want me to put it in your drop box too?

TJ said...

Finished and is in ur drop box.

Antonio Sims said...

Writing Two is done & posted Mr.Siegmund
-Antonio S.