Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rubric for Weblog Posts

A score of 90 – 100 will be awarded to posts that: are original, complete, and contain the required direct textual evidence. Posts scoring in this range illustrate students’ opinions and responses to the text that are supported by facts that the student has fully analyzed.

A score of 80 – 89 will be awarded to posts that: are mostly original, complete, and contain most of the direct textual evidence required by the instructions. Posts scoring in this range illustrate students’ opinions and responses to the texts, but may rely too much on facts from another source with no further analysis of those facts.

A score of 70 – 79 will be awarded to posts that are: somewhat original, barely complete, and contain some of the direct textual evidence required by the instructions. Posts scoring in this range illustrate the student’s willingness to complete only the bare minimum. These posts may have some illustration of the student’s opinion and response to the text, but most of the post relies on facts from other sources with little analysis.

A score of 0 – 69 will be awarded to posts that: are not original work, incomplete, or not containing any evidence from the texts. These posts rely too much on facts from another source, contain no analysis, and may be plagiarized.

2 comments:

svalentin said...

I love your weblog. I am looingforward to do one for my students. I need more info about it . The rubric is clear and understandable for student in school. Are you a teacher? Do you have this so they can go in after school and do there homework? Let me know. I am an ESL instructor. I am going to show your page to my students who will become ESL teachers. My e-mail are indiaenid2000@yahoo.com/valentinsandra6@gmail.com

svalentin said...

I miss spell the word there. It suppose to say their. Sorry for the mistake.