Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Writing Two (Lit 11)


Your next writing assignment will require you to do some research on a topic of your choice. Completing this assignment responsibly will help you with your senior project research paper when that time comes for you.

This research report will be pretty brief (the usual two pages of double-spaced 12pt Times New Roman), and you will need at least two reliable sources from which you get your information. If you are having a difficult time choosing reliable sources, check out the post titled Taking Research Notes, which will also instruct you on how to get necessary bibliographic information from your sources. When it is time to start writing, you should also review the post titled Citing Your Sources, which will show you how to give credit to the people from whom you collected your research. Students who choose to learn these skills with this piece of writing will have a much easier time when it is time to write your big research paper.

So? What do you research?

I would choose something in which you are interested, but know little about. Researching something about which you are already knowledgeable can be difficult.

Some ideas:

The history of public school in Athens, Ga

The requirements for starting a career in which you are interested

The history of a school you would like to attend

The development of your favorite sport or game

The origins of a law or policy with which you agree or disagree

The posibilities are endless, but you should discuss your topic with me before you start. I do not want you researching a topic that will make this assignment any more difficult than it needs to be.

Here are some examples that may help you out:

Amber Gaines -- Lizzie Borden
Todd Roberts -- How to Run for President
Tony Bolton -- Wilt Chamberlain
Victoria Slaboda -- Geisha (a great example of citations)




12 comments:

Todd Roberts said...

Mr. Siegmund, i'm done with Writing Two and it's on my blog.

Rodrica said...

Im finished with writing two and I put it in your drop box.

Rodrica said...

I finished my writing two paper.

AlishaST said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...

i have finished my writing two

Tony said...

i'm finished with writing two

demetriusedwards said...

Im done with writting two.

STEVIE A.K.A. tha next wade said...

i'm done with writing 2 it's on my blog

ryan said...

i have put my writing two in your drop box.

ryan said...

ive put my final draft in your drop box

STEVIE A.K.A. tha next wade said...

I've Done it I'm FINALLY done and u can check it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle Snavely said...

im done with writing two and i have posted it on my blog!
--Michelle Snavely