Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Career Project II -- Mentorship


Researching a career is one thing, but actually getting your hands dirty with some experience is altogether different. For the next portion of this project it will be necessary for you to find a professional in the field in which you are interested (I can help you find someone if you need). Once you have found someone who agrees to have you work with them, you should have them contact me at the school so I can confirm their interest and explain the project to them.


Once you make your contact, you should plan to meet with this person in their place of work for a total of five hours. I am not suggesting that you do all five hours in one visit. You should make a specific schedule with the person who has agreed to work with you.


You should keep journals of each of your visits. If you need an example of what these might look like, you can find one here. Each journal should represent one hour. If you had a two-hour visit, for example, your journal should be twice as substantial.

6 comments:

Jay said...

i agree 2 mr.siegmund's user agreement

Anonymous said...

im finished with my mentorship

Anonymous said...

i put my mentoship in your drop boxes because it didnt look right in blooger

demetriusedwards said...

im done with my mentorship

Unknown said...

Im done with 2 1/2 hrs of metorship. check it out.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new baby boy. I have posted the rest of my mentor log on my blog.