Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What is that number next to my name?


Hey. I am glad you asked. . .

One of the best things about using blogging technology in our classroom is that it encourages you to view each others' work and provide feedback. The number next to your name represents how much you contribute to the on-line community of our classroom.

Want more points? It is EASY!

All you need to do is read some of your classmates' posts and provide MEANINGFUL feedback. (Meaningful suggests that you should make comments about their work, explain what you find interesting, or have any kind of productive discussion about their work)

After leaving meaningful feedback, email me ( dana.siegmund@gmail.com ) and let me know where your feedback is, and I will add to your points.

How about getting into the habit of leaving me a comment and tell me what you think of my idea?

5 comments:

Victoria Slaboda said...

I think it's a good idea, but what's the point in keeping score? Will we be rewarded?

D a n a said...

The score is the reward (well, that and knowing you are contributing to the on-line community). Isn't that awesome?! I knew you would think so.

Victoria Slaboda said...

I guess since I'm EXTREMELY competitive, the possibility of winning is enough motivation.

**Ms. Gomez** said...

Sound's good... an easy way to earn more point's.

Dr. Pruitt said...

Hey Dana!

This is Dena Pruitt, at the Barrow PLC. I love your blog, and I'm interested in using it with my students. Any helpful hints about getting started would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good school year.