Friday, July 31, 2009

Before Unit One -- The Standards

Let's start this class with something you will be doing in every single unit you complete -- a discussion of the Georgia Performance Standards, and what they actually mean. Below you can see I have copied one of the standards for American Literature (Lit 11):

ELAALRL1 The student demonstrates comprehension by identifying evidence (i.e., examples of diction, imagery, point of view, figurative language, symbolism, plot events and main ideas) in a variety of texts representative of different genres (i.e., poetry, prose [short story, novel, essay, editorial, biography], and drama) and using this evidence as the basis for interpretation.

Read it one more time.
I wanted to start with this one since it is one that covers much of what we will do through the course of the class. Think about what it means. I realize this is not written in the way we usually talk, so let's work on translating it.

Your task:
Create a post on your blog called "Georgia Performance Standards", and then simply explain what you think the above standard means. It should not take you any more than three sentences. Once you are done, you may want to add why mastering a standard like this is important. Once everybody has finished, we will have a brief discussion.

39 comments:

₪Tarawr ₪ Andrews₪ said...

Tarawr has posted the doodad on the thingy. Ha ha.

Laurel said...

I have finished the post.

jazzy said...

jasmine is done

larquinton said...

I have finished the post.

doug said...

I have finished the post.

Brandi said...

I have finished the post.

Jaquita Binns said...

I have finished the post.

Anisha said...

I finished the post.

Parson Shacora said...

I Finishedd

kevant said...

i have finished the post on Georgia Performance Standards.

Matt said...

im done

Kyle said...

DONE

Johnathen Hall said...

im Done!!

*[.t r a i a n a.]* said...

iDid It!

Jacquavious said...

I'm done with the post

curtis said...

im done

Roc said...

im done ole-skillet

Krissy said...

My gps is posted

T.Gresham100 said...

I HAVE FINISHED THE POST

Jim H. said...

it's done.

Kennedy Heard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kennedy Heard said...

I finished my post!

tdr(pyt) said...

i've finished the post :)

Choyci said...

I have finsished the post

cornelius said...

i finish the post

NANCY said...

post complete

Deylah said...

I'm done with this. :D

charleston said...

im finish

Delencia said...

I'm done with my post

james said...

i have finished the post

curtis Harper said...

i have finshied the post

Sanetresa said...

ii Have finished the post!!

kia said...

I have finished the post

Betty Renwick said...

i have finished the post blog and iam ready to move on!!!!!!!!!

Cornisha said...

!!Im Done!!

farrisd18 said...

Done..

shuntavia said...

im done...

Hillary said...

im finished

Beno said...

im done